In my quest to get the word out about Collabinate, my API for adding Activity Streams to apps, I have started to keep track of lists of APIs, whether it be in a directory or in some other service. I will keep this API directory list updated as I find more.
API Directories and API Lists
- Programmable Web – http://www.programmableweb.com – “ProgrammableWeb.com keeps you up to date with web mashups and APIs: what’s new, interesting, useful and important. Hundreds of APIs and mashups.” – The oldest and most well known listing.
- APIS.io – http://apis.io – “APIS.io is an open source and free API registry service that allows developers to publish and discover REST APIs and interact with them online.”
- Public APIs – http://publicapis.com – “Search through thousands of apis…” – A listing service from Mashape.
API Platforms and Marketplaces with Directories
- Mashery – http://dev.mashery.com – “The world’s leading provider of API technology and services.”
- Mashape – https://www.mashape.com – “Mashape is a world-class API marketplace where developers discover, distribute and consume both private and public APIs.” – API directory and API proxy platform for billing and other services.
- APIhub – http://www.apihub.com – “APIhub is the best way to publish, discover and consume APIs. Search our database or browse through our most popular APIs.” – API listings and documentation/support platform.
- 3Scale – http://www.3scale.net/our-customers – “Distribute, Operate and Manage your API. Maximize value from your API. Drive better results with 3scale Free & Enterprise API management solution.”
- Exicon – http://www.exiconglobal.com – “We help you to create and manage your applications, APIs and developer networks. Maximizing your ROI, while keeping your assets safe.” – API directory listing and management platform.
- theRightAPI – http://www.therightapi.com – “Take control of your APIs and rest easy knowing that your application works and continues to service customers.”
API Mashup, Management, and Other Services
- Apigee – http://www.apigee.com – “Enterprise-grade API Management Platform that provides a robust set of tools that accelerate mobile app development.”
- Apiary – http://apiary.io – “Build beautiful APIs — Collaborative design, instant API mock, generated documentation, integrated code samples, debugging and automated testing.”
- Layer 7 – http://layer7tech.com – “The Layer 7 API Management Suite of products helps enterprises address key security and management challenges.”
- Webservius – http://www.webservius.com – “WebServius provides data monetization and API management solutions.”
- Axway – http://www.axway.com – “A market leader in governing the flow of data.”
- IBM Cast Iron – http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/us/en/castiron-cloud-integration – “IBM WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud Integration products enable you to integrate cloud and on-premise applications in days.”
- WSO2 – http://wso2.com – “WSO2 is an open source application development software company focused on providing service-oriented architecture solutions for professional developers.”
- Runscope – https://www.runscope.com – “Debug and test your API, webhook and mobile back end service integrations.”
- MuleSoft – http://www.mulesoft.com – “MuleSoft provides the most widely used integration platform for connecting SaaS and enterprise applications in the cloud and on-premise.”
Latest posts by Jack Jones (see all)
- Salesforce API Testing with Username-Password Authentication - 2014-12-10
- Being Human - 2014-01-21
- Why Are You An Entrepreneur? - 2013-11-09